Atlanta Burns Lawyers

Burns are among the more painful and devastating injuries that a child could sustain, largely due to the severe amount of damage they can cause in just a short time. From the immediate pain and discomfort to the scarring and disfigurement a burn could cause in the future, these injuries often have serious repercussions for a child. Unfortunately, far too many children sustain these injuries at the hands of other reckless and negligent people.

At the Ausband & Dumont, we know the pain and worry that parents in Atlanta experience when their child is burned. When considering how such an injury can affect your child’s future, you are likely not only feeling worried and anxious, but also angry at the injustice that has befallen their child. Fortunately, many parents are able to get justice, closure, and compensation after their child is burned by pursuing legal action against the person who is responsible for the burn injuries.

Common Causes of Child Burns

Some burn injuries are the result of pure accident, but in many cases, someone else’s negligence is the actual cause of a child’s injury. Some examples of this include:

  • Lack of supervision
  • A school or teacher’s negligence
  • Malfunctioning toys
  • Age-inappropriate toys
  • Exposure to dangerous chemicals
  • Irresponsible property owners and managers

When your child suffers from a burn due to these actions, or lack thereof, the party who is liable for the injury should be held accountable. As burns often take thousands of dollars, if not more, to treat, in addition to causing a range of future expenses, taking this action is often critical to getting the proper treatment for your child.

Discuss Burns and Child Injuries with an Attorney in Atlanta

At Ausband & Dumont, we firmly believe in every parent’s right to investigate their legal options if another person causes his or her child to suffer from a burn injury. You could be due financial compensation for medical costs, as well as emotional or psychological trauma. Find out more about your options in such a situation and how we can help by calling (404) 812-0051.